Built to incorporate the best technology of both running vests and alpine packs - the Distance 15 is an ultra-versatile pack for moving light and fast in the mountains
The new Distance 15 from Black Diamond prioritises versatility by combining technologies from two different sports. A running vest-inspired suspension system and their time-tested alpine pack design makes this an ideal choice for those that favour the fast and light adventures. Engineered to redefine your line by giving you the ability to blend mountain terrain and activities, the Distance 15 is a hybrid pack that transcends barriers.
The best bits…
- Built to move with you while you run and carry alpine gear with purpose-built features, so you have the gear you need when the trail ends, and the climbing begins
- Built from Dynex UHMWP 10x Ripstop Yarns—the same burly material that’s in climbing dogbones and Ultralight Camalot range —Distance fabric is literally 10-times stronger than steel, while remaining so light it floats in water
- Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology means the shoulder strap edge binding is fully edge taped instead of sewn, more like today’s innovative sportswear then a traditional running backpack—which allows for superior comfort, movement, and weight reduction
- Harness system is constructed with an adjustable, elastic-cording side compression system, which gives you a more secure ride while running, scrambling and climbing.
- Fully water-resistant main compartment for high altitude / 4-season running and climbing
- Vest-like system also includes dual flask pockets that fit two BD HydraPak SoftFlasks, these are sold separately though
- Deploy pocket on right strap to stash the BD Deploy Wind Shell jacket on gusty ridge traverses and emergencies.
- Quick Blitz-style main opening with a stash pocket to tuck away essentials, while a mesh divider wall can store cordelette or a water bladder that can integrate with the pack’s hose routing
- Dual Z-Pole quiver sleeves to stash your trekking poles when the terrain changes
- Dual front stretch pockets are an extra place to stash nutrition or gear
- Dynex (Nylon 100d + PE 200d) body material with Dynex Ripstop yarns for bomber tear resistance that is 10x stronger than steel per weight
- Dual side compression with reflective ticking
- Dual Piolet / ice tool carry with metal dogbone for secure pick attachment
- Adjustable elastic cording side compression system for a more secure ride while running and scrambling
- BD.dry vapor barrier back panel lets sweat vapor escape while keeping pack contents dry
- 100% BPA & PVC free construction
- Dual front stretch pockets with elastic closure for nutrition storage
- Interior zippered security pocket for wallet and key storage
Check out the Black Diamond Backpacks size guide below.
- Torso: From the base of the neck to the narrowest part of the waist.
- Waist: Around the narrowest part of the waist
Free Worldwide Delivery | Non-Tracked | US & CA - $0.00
Delivery expected by Friday 5 July
This is a limited-time free shipping offer. It's free, so won't be the fastest service we offer, and depending on the size of your item, it may not be tracked - but it will be a good reliable service that should arrive within three weeks.
Royal Mail Airmail | Non-Tracked | USA & Canada - $6.26
Delivery expected by Tuesday 2 July
Royal Mail Airmail is a budget non-trackable delivery method for smaller items. There are no guarantees on delivery date, as this will depend on your location. It is rare for delivery to take more than 2 weeks. If you would like more detailed information please contact us at email@example.com
Royal Mail Airmail | Tracked | USA & Canada - $12.52
Delivery expected by Thursday 27 June
This service is fully trackable and will be delivered by your Postman, Monday to Saturday at your normal delivery time. There is no signature required. Delivery times are approximately 7 working days, however remote areas may take slightly longer. if you have any queries regarding delivery times please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Express International Light | Tracked | USA & Canada - $18.79
Delivery expected by Friday 21 June
This is an express fully tracked service with either DHL or Fedex, and a signature is required on delivery. Delivery will be made Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Details regarding delivery times can be found on our delivery information page. If you have a specific request for the courier to be used, please email us email@example.com
OUR RETURNS POLICY
Generally, we'll be happy to exchange or refund anything you've bought for up to one month from the date you receive it, so long as it’s in perfect, unused condition. If you'd like to return or exchange an item you bought more than one month ago, then you may be able to, but please email us about it first – a small restocking charge may also apply.
Returning or exchanging an item does not affect your statutory rights. You’ll find the official cancellation policy within full our Terms & Conditions.
EXTENDED RETURNS FOR CHRISTMAS
All orders made between 1 November 2018 and 24 December 2018 are eligible for our extended return period. So, if you’re buying someone a gift and it’s not quite right, you’ve got until 24 March 2019 to return it*.
*All other return terms & conditions still apply.
WANT TO RETURN SOMETHING?
On the back of the delivery note that's included with your order you'll find your returns form. This outlines everything you need to know about the returns process, the information we’ll need from you and where you need to send it back to. If you can't find this form, just download it here, or get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll email it over to you.
WHO COVERS THE COST OF RETURNING AN ITEM?
You’re responsible for the cost of returning items to us, but if you choose an exchange, we’ll be happy to cover the cost of shipping things back to you.
ITEMS THAT YOU CAN'T RETURN...
- Anything that’s missing its tags or isn’t in a perfect, new and unused condition, including all its packaging
- Skis and ski bindings which have been mounted, because these will have been done to your specific requirements and can’t be resold